[kictanet] Kictanet retreat, August 29 to september 1

Rebecca Wanjiku rebeccawanjiku at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 20:52:08 EAT 2007

pursuant to the email below, KICTANet wishes to invite five members on the mailing list to join a team that will be deliberating for two days at a venue out of town, on August 29 to September 1 2007
for the sake of accountability, the criteria will be first come first served...
please confirm with me directly,
regards
becky

alice <alice at apc.org> wrote: Thank you P.S. Ndemo for raising the issue of KICTANet's role etc

KICTANet is currently conducting an institutional assessment exercise
supported by the IDRC. This exercise will respond/answer some of the
issues presented by the P.S. among others. The objective of the
assessment will be to establish KICTANet’s organizational strengths and
weaknesses, and to develop specific recommendations of areas that will
require institutional strengthening. This will help ensure that the
network continues to provide effective mechanisms for cooperation and
collaboration between stakeholders in support of ICT-led growth and
development in Kenya.

We do need to understand the network's present capacity, identify gaps
and look for ways of addressing them. We certainly need a one/two day
forum to strategise on reforming,/strengthening KICTANet.

best
alice

This message was sent to: rebeccawanjiku at yahoo.com

Tel. 254 720 318 925