[kictanet] SILENT DEMO

Benjamin Makai benmakai at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 18:03:40 EAT 2007

Alex
  Its all about a win win situation. What reflects well about our country tricles down to what we strive to achieve in the environment set by the same country's governance , however this doesnt say that processes or standards pertaining to specific issues should be undermined.

  I leave u with a quote from an interviewer when i finished my university in a very small city or town in kenya... asking me "you mean you graduated from the university which has been stonning my buses?" I had no answer..but image is very vital........

  Reflect this" outsource my service to a demo city and country" ? lets not be short sighted just to gain 3 min of  fame !!!!!!!. in the name of freespace and  democracy and consumer rights....... there are set standards, best practices world wide...i guesss u understand that better..

Alex Gakuru <alex.gakuru at yahoo.com> wrote:
  --- Benjamin Makai wrote:

> as we strive towards being an
> outsourcing destinations, demos dont reflect very
> well. We should try to minimize or totally avoid
> them and enter into meaningful dialog where
> possible.

You would not be suggesting that as we strive to
achieve outsourcing destination all else totally
stops? As for dialog - to me this demo was about
journalists raising the conscience of our hard-working
nation to reform and chance the ways of the political
culture of breaking long dialog and hard-earned
promises. That's all really.

Benjamin Makai
Tel: 254-722-540641
P.O. Box 8608, 00300, Nairobi, Kenya