[kictanet] Free PC and cheap Internet for SMEs/Home Users

judy okite judyokite at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 06:24:50 EAT 2007

Hi, Just one Q: The connection cost comes to
approximately 72k,is this per PC? Kind Regards,
---
kictanet-bounces+judyokite=yahoo.com at kictanet.or.ke
<lkimani at comnews.co.ke> wrote:
> Alex, Joan, Florence and Njorohio, and all our well
wishers:

> On behalf of Alunite, let me thank you very much for
the kudos.

> Njorohio, if you already have a standalone PC and
just need connection
> call us, and we will review your requirements, and
come up with an offer
> you can not resist.
>
> Alunite is extremely serious about being the ISP for
the "People by the
> People"
>
> There will be something for everybody in the Alunite
DSL "Kiondo"

> Lucy Kimani
> on behalf of
> Alunite Communications, Ltd.
> 020-273-7155
>
> > Hi All
> >  This is great and will assist the SMES
> >  However I think the SMEs and even homeworkers can
afford the PC but the
> > hindrance has been the cost of the Bandwidth.
> >  Can the company consider as an alternative the
charge for the link only.
> >  This may persuade those firms with standalone
computers to subscribe to
> > the service.
> >   Cheers
> >
> >  Njorohio
> >

> > Florence Etta <feanywhere at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Brilliant!!

> > Florence Etta

Free PC and cheap Internet
> > forSMEs and Home Users
> >
> >         Thanks Alex for the info,
> >
> >  This is actually a great idea. Would you have  a
contact number or email
> > address for Alunite?
> >
> >  Joan Walumbe

Mon, 23 Apr 2007
> > 08:51:01 +0300
> > From: "Alex Gakuru" <gakuru at gmail.com>
> > To: ke-internetusers at bdix.net
> > Subject:      [ke-internetusers] Free PC and cheap
Internet for SMEs and
> > Users
> >
> > [This brightens a new dawn for Kenya's
connectivity. I      have often
> > argued that lesser city traffic jams and higher
national      productivity
> > can be achieved by taking internet outside the
city centre,      Nairobi
> > currently having 80% of Kenya's internet. Many are
bound to      choose
> > working from home to save on expensive city office
rent overheads      and
> > "outsourcing" will definitely benefit considering
the time
> > differences
> > become less of a problem, security is also a
consideration.

> > Forecasting on this possibility at a stakeholders
    workshop on 22
> > March
> > 2007, I warned that it would only take "one clever
     ISP" to realise
=== Message Truncated ===