[kictanet] Fwd: [Idlelo2] Google and East african Universities

Badru Ntege ntegeb at one2net.co.ug
Mon Apr 16 08:00:24 EAT 2007

 Hi
 I think the difference here is that google are actually looking at
the connectivity factor and probably bringing the services closer to
the user.  maybe even local colocation.
 On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 10:49:15 -0400, "Joseph Manthi"  wrote:   Judy,
 Thanks for forwarding this info but my question still stands: How
can East Africans be excited by being given something that is
absolutely free to everyone else throughout the world.
 I can get into these apps without any special previleges.
 You know what they say - you pay for what you get. In this case
google.com is giving UoN and other colleges nothing that anyone else
does not already have.
 Joe
   On 4/14/07, Judy Okite  wrote:  Joe,
 I hope that this links will give you a better insight,in regards to
your question.
 http://www.google.com/a/edu/
 http://www.dashes.com/anil/2006/08/28/google_office_g
 Kind Regards,
  On 4/10/07, jmanthi at gmail.com  wrote:   Members
 How is this different from anywhere else in the whole wide world.
These tools that seem to be exciting people is available to anyone
who can access google.com anywhere in the world.
 How is this a benefit to these colleges?
 Joe