[kictanet] Fwd: Mobile phone ICE Information

Judy Okite judyokite at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:06:19 EAT 2007

Thought of the day!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Mureithi [KoRANDU]" <mureithi at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:37:38 +0300
Subject: Mobile phone ICE Information

Hello All,

if u know anyone who can pass this on to the right person at Safcom and/or
Celtel and make a nation wide campaign in close coordination with the
Emergency Care Medical Fraternity, I think it would be very useful.

I know a friend who was shot and it would have been a great help if we had
the ICE markers.

right now the only way to figure out who to call (In Case of Emergency) is
to read the SMSes and hope a loved one SMSed recently, and this is also
highly inefficient as "the loved one who SMSed" may not be the right person
to call In Case of Emergency.

 read on

* *

*We all carry our mobile phones with hundreds of names/ numbers stored in
its memory but yet nobody, other than ourselves, know which of these numbers
belong to our near and dear ones? *
*
In case we are involved in an accident or had a heart attack and the people
attending us get hold of our mobile phone but don't know which number to
call to inform our family members. Yes, there are many numbers stored but
which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? *
*
For this reason, we must have one or more telephone numbers stored under the
name ICE (In case of Emergency) in our mobile phones. *
*
Recently, the concept of "ICE" is catching up quickly. It is simple, an
important method of contact during emergency situations. *
*
As cell phones are carried by majority of the population, just store the
number of a contact person or person who should be contacted at during
emergency as ICE" (meaning In Case of Emergency). *
*
The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when they went to the
scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they
didn't know which number to call. *
*
He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally
recognized name for this purpose. *
*
Following a disaster in London, the East Anglican Ambulance Service has
launched a national "In case of Emergency (ICE)" campaign. *
*
In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital staff
would then be able to quickly contact your next of kin, by simply dialing
the number stored as "ICE". *
*
**It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest. *
*
For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc.
A great idea that will make a difference! *
*
Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in our mobile
phones today! Please forward to your all nearest and dearest *

--
KoRANDU Ltd.

mureithi at korandu.com

{Yahoo/MSN/Skype} ID:   kamisenki

Hotline:    +254 (0)722 371340

Office:     +254 (0)20 2731477/4

--
Judy Ann Okite,
+254-721237507,+254-734252336

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll still get run over if you
just sit there."