[Kictanet] [Fibre-for-africa] Whats i have being talking of asa public private partnership in ownership of the criticalinfrastructur

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 09:20:30 EAT 2006

Muriuki,

The concept is grand and strategically looks 'do-able'. But unlike previous
public investment which has primarily been on 'blue-chips' such as Kengen,
there has virtually been no public awareness in investing on projects that
are not on the ground yet.

Assuming that money will be generated for a future cable project without
educating the investing public on the potential might prove costly if not
disastrous. Frenzy at the moment surrounds anticipated listing of Safaricom,
Mumias, Kenya Re and Telkom who are not looking for small cash.

Nevertheless, we want to see these projects become successful. We will
trigger an 'awareness campaign' to over 2000 institutional investors/brokers
at the three markets who are in the stock-detective mailing list to hear
their reactions. You can join the mailing list at
http://www.stock-detective.co.ke/newsletter

Cheers,
Bill