[Kictanet] [Fibre-for-africa] Whats i have being talking of asa public private partnership in ownership of the criticalinfrastructur

Eric Osiakwan eric at afrispa.org
Tue Nov 28 20:50:23 EAT 2006

Muriuki,

You sound like the angel who went to the sheperds in the field to
annouce the birth of the Saviour, Jesus. The other day Brian Longwe
had a new baby and when i heard the message, the memory was same.....:-)

  Like the three wisemen i would be guirding my lions to come and see
the manisfestation of what you have sounded below in 2007 and 2008.

On a more serious note, we would have to give the Kenyan
administration all the support to make this a reality.

Am working with some colleagues on the pricing/costing of the cables
and we would be out soon.

More later.

On 28 Nov 2006, at 19:59, Muriuki Mureithi wrote:

> [...]
>
> Strategic   support in infocommunication  business
>

> ICT Consultancy  &  Research in  Eastern & Central African markets
>

> Contacts : Tel  +254 (20) 3875824 , Cell + 254 (722) 520090, email:
> mureithi at summitstrategies.co.ke
>

> From: kictanet-bounces
> +mureithi=summitstrategies.co.ke at kictanet.or.ke [mailto:kictanet-
> bounces+mureithi=summitstrategies.co.ke at kictanet.or.ke] On Behalf
> Of Eric Osiakwan
> Sent: 28 November 2006 13:49
> To: mureithi at summitstrategies.co.ke
> Cc: Kenya ICT Policy - kictanet; Discuss at afrispa.org
> Subject: Re: [Kictanet] [Fibre-for-africa] Whats i have being
> talking of asa public private partnership in ownership of the
> criticalinfrastructur
>

> Bill, thanks for the information and links - much appreciated.
>

> It means that either TEAMS or EASSy has a big opportunity to change
> the story and status of technology stocks - another hsitoric
> dimension to the whole excercise.
>

> May be Safaricom or TK or Wananchi would do it first but the
> important principle is not who makes it first but we must be sure
> it is DONE WELL and sets a precedent for others to follow.
>

> Eric here
>

> On 28 Nov 2006, at 16:13, Bill Kagai wrote:
>

> On 11/28/06, Eric Osiakwan <eric at afrispa.org> wrote:
>
> Was African Lakes on NSE as well or only on LSE?
>

> Yeah.
> African Lakes was cross-listed at the NSE in March 2000 and was
> branded as the first Kenyan IPO but did not live to expectations.
> The company issued 4 million shares at Kshs 94.50 each and as a
> result secured a secondary listing in the NSE. See http://
> www.nse.co.ke/History.htm
>
> The company then tried raising extra equity but that did not stop
> its demise leaving the 'technology companies' seriously
> contemplating the next direction to take in the stock market. See
> Issue No. 157 on balancing act. http://www.balancingact-africa.com/
> news/back/balancing-act_157.html
>
> We now have Safaricom, Telkom (K) and Wananchi having indicated to
> test the waters soon.
>

> --
> With Kind Regards,
> Bildad Kagai
> MD - Circuits & Packets Communications Ltd
> Content & Training Partner - JKUAT E-Government Academy
> Suite B2, Tetu Apartments, State House Avenue
> P. O. Box 20311 - 00200
> Nairobi, Kenya
> Tel. 254 20 2728332
> Fax. 254 20 2726965
> Cell. 254 724 226600
> URL. www.circuitspackets.co.ke
> URL. www.JKUATEgovAcademy.ac.ke

> Eric M.K Osiakwan
>
> Executive Secretary
>
> AfrISPA (www.afrispa.org)
>
> Tel: + 233.21.258800
>
> Fax: + 233.21.258811
>
> Cell: + 233.244.386792
>
> Handle: eosiakwan
>
> Snail Mail: Pmb 208, Accra-North
>
> Office: BusyInternet - 42 Ring Road Central, Accra-North

Eric M.K Osiakwan
ICT Consultant and Journalist