[Kictanet] [Fibre-for-africa] Whats i have being talking of as a public private partnership in ownership of the critical infrastructur

Eric Osiakwan eric at afrispa.org
Tue Nov 28 12:54:32 EAT 2006

Thanks for the feed-in, Bill.

You raise a very genuine and important concern, which is how would
the populace react to an IT stock which they are not familiar with
given the track record of similar stocks?

Was African Lakes on NSE as well or only on LSE?

Eric here

On 28 Nov 2006, at 15:38, Bill Kagai wrote:

> Trading in one stock exchange does not complicate matters because
> institutional/foreign investors can still buy shares through the
> NSE. One good thing is that the NSE is the dominat exchange in EA
> with 51 listed companies and 3 or so cross listed in Dar and Kampala.
>
> Kampala has only 8 quoted companies and about a similar number in
> Dar which will soon be trading under one exchange in a couple opf
> years.
>
> The other interesting challenge will be how the stock is embraced
> considering that the only IT stock ever listed (African Lakes)
> collapsed after a while, whilst the anticipated Wananchi IPO has
> not taken off yet. Basically, we are yet to see how the market will
> react to IT related stocks. See the following links on the pilot
> stock-detective.co.ke website we have been developing.
>
> http://www.stock-detective.co.ke
>
> and also on a discussion posted regarding Telkom upcoming listing..
>
> http://www.stock-detective.co.ke/public-discussion-forum/public-
> discussion-forum/post200609202612783179

> With Kind Regards,
> Bildad Kagai
> MD - Circuits & Packets Communications Ltd
> Content & Training Partner - JKUAT E-Government Academy
> Suite B2, Tetu Apartments, State House Avenue
> P. O. Box 20311 - 00200
> Nairobi, Kenya
> Tel. 254 20 2728332
> Fax. 254 20 2726965
> Cell. 254 724 226600
> URL. www.circuitspackets.co.ke
> URL. www.JKUATEgovAcademy.ac.ke

Eric M.K Osiakwan
Executive Secretary
AfrISPA (www.afrispa.org)
Tel: + 233.21.258800
Fax: + 233.21.258811
Cell: + 233.244.386792
Handle: eosiakwan
Snail Mail: Pmb 208, Accra-North
Office: BusyInternet - 42 Ring Road Central, Accra-North
Blog: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/eric/
Slang: "Tomorrow Now"