[Kictanet] Nationmedia.com News: Kibaki launches vision for growth

alice at apc.org alice at apc.org
Wed Nov 1 09:48:21 EAT 2006

It is such a pity that the fastest moving sector has not been given the
attention and prominence it deserves, what with Safaricom's and other's
contribution to the economy! Anyway we have been accused of moaning!

The draft vision was created by   NESC, and from what I see the ICT "sector"
cuts across the 3 main pillars Economic, social and political they have
presented.They have outlined the project's approach which will take three
phases, I see an immediate entry point for ICTs during phase one where they
will  "identify priority sectors with possibilities of quick wins"

Perhaps KICTAnet could work with the IC master plan team to ensure that
links between the IC plan and the 2030 vision are created in all phases.
Important to identify priority sectors with possibilities of quick wins.

Important to identify priority sectors with possibilities of quick wins.

best
alice