[Kictanet] AfriNIC board

John Walubengo jwalubengo at kcct.ac.ke
Wed Mar 29 09:29:58 EAT 2006

Alice,

i am asking u to nominate me - and Brian the former holder of the post to second me...hoping that Brian is not planning  to run a second time; this is the era of one term sessions...(oops!)

Nominee (Full Name): John Walubengo
 Organization (or affiliation):Kenya College of Communications Tech
 Physical address:KCCT, Mbagathi Campus, Mbagathi Rd, Nairobi
 e-mail address:jwalubengo at kcct.ac.ke
 Phone number:254-20-891201
 Fax number: 254-20-891949
 Country and sub-region:Kenya, E. Africa Sub Region.

walu.

>>> "Alice Wanjira" <alice at apc.org> 03/29/06 08:29AM >>>
Dear Colleagues,

 This year, two seats will be vacant on the AfriNIC board. They are:

 a) Seat 3: for the Southern African sub-region (Primary and alternate)
    Mandate: 2006 to 2009

 b) Seat 4: The Eastern Africa sub-region (Primary and Alternate)
    Mandate: 2006 to 2009

 Who can seat on the Board?
 =========================

 Anybody resident in one of the above sub-regions.

 Nominees should have good experience/background in the
 Internet environment, be able to participate actively in
 all activities conferred to the BoT by the AfriNIC bylaws
 (Section 16) and, as the working language is English,
 candidates should have a minimum comprehension of the
 English language.

 How to nominate:
 ================

 Nominations should be sent to board-nomination at afrinic.net
 using the template below. Self-nomination is allowed
 but it must be supported by at least two different people
 either from or outside the nominee's sub-region.

 -----------------------------
 AfriNIC Board Nomination form
 -----------------------------

 Nominated by (full Name):

 Nominee (Full Name):
 Organization (or affiliation):
 Physical address:
 e-mail address:
 Phone number:
 Fax number:
 Country and sub-region:

 Brief statement explaining the candidate's
 background and motivation (Not more than 500 words):

 ** You may want to add a picture
 (it will appear with your details online)

 The deadline for Candidacy/Nominations is Tuesday
 April 4th 2006 at 08:00 GMT

 Election process policies:  http://www.afrinic.net/bot/afbot-elp200502.htm

 Kind regards.

-