[Kictanet] Fwd: [Idlelo2] Re: [afrinic-discuss] Africa 's Internet Community to gather in Nairobi in May

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 08:38:08 EAT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adiel A. Akplogan <adiel at afrinic.net>
Date: Mar 7, 2006 3:45 AM
Subject: [Idlelo2] Re: [afrinic-discuss] Africa 's Internet Community
to gather in Nairobi in May
To: Nii Quaynor <quaynor at ghana.com>, eric at afrispa.org, AfriNIC Discuss
<afrinic-discuss at afrinic.net>, discuss at afrispa.org,
committee at afrispa.org, afnog-admin at psg.com
Cc: africasource2-l at lists.tacticaltech.org, Kenya ICT Policy -
kictanet <kictanet at kictanet.or.ke>, En-ISPA_Team at afrispa.org,
tier at tier.cs.berkeley.edu, afix at afrispa.org, IDLELO
<idlelo2 at fossfa.net>

>The announcement had listed AfNOG and AfriNIC meetings as part of the AIF.
>This is the first time AfNOG organizers have heard of the AIF and wish all
>to know that AfNOG is not part of the AIF activities.

Neither is AfriNIC. This is the first time we are also hearing about this
AIF meeting and it is unfortunate that no consultation nor coordination
has took place before such planing and public announcement. Both AfriNIC
and AfNOG have meeting committee working on the Nairobi event and we do
not received any request from the 'AIF' organizers nor AfriSPA in that
regard either. Taking that step would have save us this kind of confusion
and all comments which have followed!

I think its time for us to start working effectively together to make
a better use of our poor resources and stop wasting time, energy and
resource doing same things and in an uncoordinated way.

I hope all this will be solved behind the scene in a peaceful way for
the best interest of our community.

Cheers.

- a.