[Kictanet] eGov in Action?

Harry Harry harry at aitecafrica.com
Sat Jun 10 15:38:51 EAT 2006

Dear Colleagues,

Today I was pleasantly surprised when from the “conform” of my home office,
download a passport renewal application form from the department of
Immigration website (HYPERLINK
"http://www.immigration.go.ke/kenyan_ppt.php"http://www.immigration.go.ke/ke
nyan_ppt.php) . The Department has a fairly useful site that guides visitors
on how to apply for various travel and immigration documents including Visas
and Passes. My further request to for the site to enable visitors to
actually fill the forms online! This would have saved me another KSh 3000 to
courier the forms to Nairobi from Dar es Salaam. All the same, this is a
good start. For that I would like to register my heartfelt congratulations
to all those involved in this initiative.

Harry