[Kictanet] New appointments at AITEC

Sean Moroney seanm at aitecafrica.com
Thu Feb 2 18:44:27 EAT 2006

Dear Colleagues,

I'm pleased to inform you of two new appointments in the AITEC group.

Firstly, we are appointing Peter Redlinghuys as Group MD. Peter was
previously head of African marketing for NCC Education and then Business
Development Manager for Soft-Tech in Tanzania. Peter will be working closely
with me in developing AITEC's projects and programmes across the continent.
And I hope that his direction of the day-to-day business of the group will
release me to spend more time on our development projects like CommsDev
Africa, the African IT Education Trust, the AITEC ICT Cluster Initiative and
our ICT Incubator Programme. Peter will also head the AITEC Academy's ICT
training programme which is growing rapidly.

Secondly, we are appointing Kaburo Kobia in a dual role as Group Web
Director and MD of AITEC Kenya. Kaburo worked previously in web design and
marketing for 3 Mice and the Nation Group and has been studying for the past
year in the UK. She is excited to be returning to Kenya this month and
linking up again with Kenya's ICT community at such an exciting stage in its
development. She looks forward to working in close co-operation with
Kictanet.

With Andrew Karanja supporting Kaburo as Sales & Marketing Manager, I'm
confident AITEC Kenya's role in supporting and facilitating the growth of
Kenya's ICT sector will grow from strength to strength and we look forward
to partnering with all Kictanet members in this endeavour.

Yours sincerely,

Sean Moroney
AITEC Africa
seanm at aitecafrica.com
Tel: +44-(0)1480-880774 Fax: +44-(0)1480-880765
UK Mobile: +44(0)7973-499224
SA Mobile: +27(0)72-610-7153
Kenya Mobile: +254(0)721-845674
Skype: seanmoroney