[Kictanet] Re: List Merger/amalgamation

Joseph Mucheru mucheru at wananchi.com
Wed Sep 28 23:26:02 EAT 2005

Dear Florence,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide the information as you
did. If you remember
as TESPOK, we registered the domain name kiplist.or.ke and that is
still available for
any eventuality. We certainly do not lay claims to that and as you
are also aware we also
registered and provided the KICTAnet.or.ke list services for FREE to
the everyone.

I would just like to add that even though Bill has this view that we
in private sector
were out to get donor funds, this is purely an isolated view and that
most people
that have interacted with TESPOK know that we have played a partner
support role rather
than as implied.

National ICT issues are not necessarily for only civil society. I
therefore strongly feel
we need a list where all stakeholders can discuss issues of national
interest. As is already
stated, each group should have it's own list but we must have a
central common list to discuss common issues. be they price or
quality of service. The fact that am in private
sector (in the Internet business) does not mean I do not have a view
on say GSM or other
services.

I would therefore like to propose an even wilder view - let us get
use one list that is Kenyan based kiplist.or.ke and get that hosted
by KENIC who are the closest thing to a truly multi-stakeholder body.
The list should also be moderated by KENIC - Sorry Victor/Michuki
for not consulting you first.

This way KICTANet can continue with it's advocacy activities.

My two cents worth.

--
Joseph Mucheru
Chairman