[Kictanet] Communications Governance (expanced Internet Governance)

gakuru at mail.co.ke gakuru at mail.co.ke
Sat Oct 29 16:09:38 EAT 2005

Hi,

Information Society envisages information sharing, in an environment of
information business enterprise while respecting intellectual property.

Communication control by governments is one thing the individual business
are united aginst. Once this is fully achieved, Lord forbid there need a
subsequent fight by the consumer to reclaim the same rights, this time
from big business' pure profit motive?

Should the WSIS IG debate not be expanded to "Communications Governance"
to encompass every aspect of communications without restrictiing it to
just one aspect of communication, the internet?

While at this, some colleagues and I are proceeding with formation of
consumer rights advocacy framework based on the very successful
www.bbb.org.
I welcome your comments, support or critique on the same.

PLEASE NOTE: my yahoo email address is centerlawit at yahoo.com. Thanks

Best,

Alex Gakuru

Attached:
1. My Oct 25 presentation are requested of me
2. There are a couple of questions that need to be answered by Safaricom
and Celtel and the MC assured, the questions will be put to the firms.

Should I post them on the list as an extension of the public forum? Advice!