[Kictanet] Desired Structure Summary

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 09:19:58 EAT 2005

As a follow-up on this structure debate...let me assure you the
process is abit more complicated in regsitering a trust.

We applied to have fossfa registered as a trust 2.5 yrs ago. After
paying the stamp duty, the files were taken to NSIS for them to
approve the trust. We got the trust document stamped at Lands but up
to date, the trust certificate is not out yet...and ofcourse you
cannot push things at NSIS. You have to keep on checking at Sheria
House to utter frustration.

We ended up registering a company for the sake of opening a account to
operationalise FOSSFA. We will rotate FOSSFA to CSIR in a few months
without ever finalising the trust registration.

Maybe the best option for KICTANET is to register it as an NGO...but
good luck to you on the trust option. Maybe ours was a one-off
case...but again...luck is the residue hard work.

Bill