[Kictanet] Fw: URGENT - feedback on site design for national advocacysites

alice at apc.org alice at apc.org
Fri May 20 18:09:06 EAT 2005

Dear KICTANet members

The APC/CATIA project is developing a national advocacy website for our
activities in Kenya. Please look at the draft site:
http://toolkit.ecn.cz/test/animators/3/

Keep in mind the following:

- the text on the page is 'not real' and just there to give you a sense of
what the design looks like, once you make your own site live you will have
control over the text
- the text at the top of the site will read:  Catalysing Access to ICTs in
[Kenya] .... i.o.w. where there is currently the word 'country' we shall
replace it with the name of the relevant country
- the site is database driven and hosted on the APC server so we won't  need
to worry about hosting, or HTML conversion
 - we will be able to customise the site to meet our own needs and
even give it our own look and feel if we want to
- We will be able to add content to the site by using forms into which we
can paste, or type text
- the site can share content with other CATIA sites, with APC national
ICT policy sites and with the Africa ICT Policy Monitor

 Please could I have your feedback on the template by next week Tuesday?

 In particular can you comment on:

 - the design
 - does this general layout meet our needs?
- categories (are they what you need?  what is missing?  what should be
changed?)
- overall look and feel
- any other questions/comments.

warm regards
A. Wanjira Munyua
National Coordinator, Catalysing Access to ICTs in Africa (CATIA)
Association for Progressive Communications (APC)
alice at apc.org
http://www.apc.org
http://www.catia.ws