[Kictanet] "THE SECOND-HAND COMPUTER" - A POLICY ISSUE

Monica Kerretts-Makau m.kerretts at unsw.edu.au
Thu May 5 01:20:38 EAT 2005

Dear Alice,
I note your concerns.
I believe the role of the KIP list is for discussion on all ICT matters as
they affect us. Its avenue is therefore for us to share concerns and matters
arising on ICT and where possible, hopefully we raise awareness on ICT
issues. As to wether the government takes it on board, is another matter.
Its purpose i believe, is therefore not for us to give time limits on any of
the issues. That would be to justify that 'A policy' is currently correct
and perfect in its current state.  We can only hope to improve on what we
first write and keep on improving. By its very nature Policy is a Process
not an end to a means.

The concerns raised on PCs is a matter that we may have missed out and its
only fair to give others a go to comment on it. If; only to raise awareness
on the issue!.

Best regards
Monica