[Kictanet] The Eastern Africa e-Goverment Consultative Workshop 28-29 June 2005

ANDREW KARANJA andrew at aitecafrica.com
Tue Jun 14 11:05:48 EAT 2005

Dear KICTANET Members,

I would like to inform you that the Eastern Africa e-Government
Consultative Workshop will take place on the 28-29 June 2005 at the
Grand Regency Hotel.

The Agenda for the meeting is to review the progress made since November
2004 when the first e-Government Workshop was held in Arusha, validate
the East African e-Government Consultants report and set a way forward
while taking cognizance of identified priority areas for the sub-region.

So far 80 delegates have been invited to attend this stakeholder's
consultative meeting from the following broad areas

*	Government Ministries and Agencies
*	Civil society
*	Private Sector
*	Special Interest Groups
*	Academia

In addition to the members of the IWG, 45 participants from Kenya,
Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania from the states' Governments involved the
e-Government strategy and implementation will be fully sponsored to
attend.

A small Exhibition will run along side the Workshop and will showcase
some of the e-Government Solutions available in the market.

I would like to invite KICTANET members to participate in this event by
attending as workshop delegates; I will welcome and forward any
presentation proposals for the Workshop to the East African Community
e-Government Working Group for consideration.

Please find attached the current Workshop Programme and Registration
form.

Regards

Andrew Karanja
AITEC Kenya