[Kictanet] Today is White Band Day. Make Poverty History!

Lizette Kraft lkraft at idrc.or.ke
Mon Jul 4 14:13:10 EAT 2005

If I might add,  Education is the key for all and only then will we have
the valuable knowledge to know, why we need to have a good environment,
infrastructure etc. Why it is important to protect what we have for the
future of our children and the next generations to come.  Then we can be
self sufficient and keep out of debt and use our resources
intelligently.  The need to assist our children to have access to higher
levels of education is so necessary. It seems that only the very few get
this privilege!!! So the monies can be spent on giving more higher learning
opportunities to our children to gain the necessary skills to then take
over and lead the country to higher levels. The focus seems to be only at
primary and secondary stage and then...................... no monies and
the majority end up lost.  Of course ICT is now the door to this!!!!! (Just
a thought)

Lizette