[Kictanet] A Tribute to Eng. Rege

Florence Etta feanywhere at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 8 17:26:34 EAT 2005

I agree with both Walu and Lizette. How about KICTANet organising a more befiting Tribute for the affable engineer? Perhaps the exact nature of what could de done can be discussed at the next and final meeting of the year already proposed by Andrew?
  Cheers,
  FE

Lizette Kraft <lfkraft at gmail.com> wrote:
    It is sad to hear that Eng. Rege has left the ministry and I second you on his achievements and his hard work and support he gave everyone of us. He will be sorely missed and hope that we may work with him again in the future.

  Lizette

  On 12/8/05, John Walubengo <jwalubengo at kcct.ac.ke> wrote:   Even as yesterday's cabinet list continuous to remain fluid, I wish to take this early opportunity to register my appreciation to one Eng. Rege who was until yesterday evening the Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Information and Communication, Gov. of Kenya.

Tremendous progress was made during his tenure - particularly of cultural nature where he cultivated an unprecedented Public-Private Sector relationship in within the ministry and the industry in general.  Beyond just preaching transparency and accountability, he actually managed to practice it within an environment that has  long been accustomed to hiding behind beauracratic protocols.

Long live this spirit that he leaves behind at the Ministry of Info & Comm.

walu.

Lizette Kraft
P.O. Box 18488, 00500
Nairobi, Kenya