[Kictanet] Sources of Growth Study - Draft ICT Questionnaire

Marcel Werner mwerner at archway-productions.com
Fri Aug 26 01:16:28 EAT 2005

Eric,

Category of companies: you need to name a trading category, like Distributors
of hard-and software. Telephony category: need to group into retailers and
infrastructure providers. Simu Ya Jamii comes under Telephone Bureau. Are you
interested in "one-man" companies, like phone bureaus and equipment repair
shops? IT Company must be specified and subcategorised: consultancy; systems
integrator; software development; etc. Consider for survey tallying purposes
that many forms fall in multiple categories. Must you follow the Harmonised
Code?

Cheers, Marcel Werner

Quoting Eric Aligula <Jairah at kippra.or.ke>:

> Dear Colleagues,
> Sometime back I had indicated that we are undertaking a Sources of Growth
> Study in liaison with the World Bank and IFPRI.  I indicated that I would be
> sharing with you the draft survey instrument for your comment and input.
> The draft survey instrument is ready and is attached to this e-mail.  We
> would like to hear from you on the following points:
> 1.	Does the instrument capture the totality of the ICT Sector in Kenya
> 2.	Does it capture all the inputs in an ICT Firm's productive process?
> 3.	Does it disaggregate these inputs well esp. domestic, foreign,
> gender etc.
> 4.	Do we capture the end products and the users of the end products of
> ICT firms well?  Are the user final or intermediate users?
> We look forward to your incisive comments and additions as always.
> With kind regards,
>
> Eric M. Aligula, PhD.
> Policy Analyst
> Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA)
> P.O. Box 56445, 00200 Nairobi, Kenya
> Telephone: +254-20-2719933/4; Fax: +254-20-2719951
> E-mail: jairah at kippra.or.ke; URL: http://www.kippra.org/
>
> I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under
> heaven. What a heavy burden God has laid on men!
> (Ecclesiastes 1:13)
>

> Kenya Institute For Public Policy Research and Analysis
> Bishops Garden Towers, Bishop Road; PO Box 56445, Nairobi, Kenya
> Tel: +254 2 2719933/4, 2714714/5, 2721654, 2721110; Fax: +254 2 2719951
> Email: admin at kippra.or.ke;
> Website: http://www.kippra.org
>
> This e-mail contains confidential information belonging to KIPPRA and is
> intended solely for the addressees. The opinions therein, explicit or
> implied, are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
> those of KIPPRA as an Institute. The unauthorized disclosure, use,
> dissemination or copying (either whole or partial) of this e-mail, or any
> information it contains, is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration
> and their integrity cannot be guaranteed. KIPPRA shall not be liable for this
> e-mail if modified or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of
> this e-mail, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the
> sender of the wrong delivery and the e-mail deletion".

Marcel Werner
+254 733 586980
www.archway-productions.com