[Kictanet] Sources of Growth Study - Draft ICT Questionnaire

Eric Aligula Jairah at kippra.or.ke
Mon Aug 22 11:24:00 EAT 2005

Dear Colleagues,
Sometime back I had indicated that we are undertaking a Sources of Growth
Study in liaison with the World Bank and IFPRI.  I indicated that I would be
sharing with you the draft survey instrument for your comment and input.
The draft survey instrument is ready and is attached to this e-mail.  We
would like to hear from you on the following points:
1.	Does the instrument capture the totality of the ICT Sector in Kenya
2.	Does it capture all the inputs in an ICT Firm's productive process?
3.	Does it disaggregate these inputs well esp. domestic, foreign,
gender etc.
4.	Do we capture the end products and the users of the end products of
ICT firms well?  Are the user final or intermediate users?
We look forward to your incisive comments and additions as always.
With kind regards,

Eric M. Aligula, PhD.
Policy Analyst
Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA)
P.O. Box 56445, 00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone: +254-20-2719933/4; Fax: +254-20-2719951
E-mail: jairah at kippra.or.ke; URL: http://www.kippra.org/

I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under
heaven. What a heavy burden God has laid on men!
(Ecclesiastes 1:13)

Kenya Institute For Public Policy Research and Analysis
Bishops Garden Towers, Bishop Road; PO Box 56445, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 2 2719933/4, 2714714/5, 2721654, 2721110; Fax: +254 2 2719951
Email: admin at kippra.or.ke;
Website: http://www.kippra.org

This e-mail contains confidential information belonging to KIPPRA and is intended solely for the addressees. The opinions therein, explicit or implied, are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of KIPPRA as an Institute. The unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either whole or partial) of this e-mail, or any information it contains, is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity cannot be guaranteed. KIPPRA shall not be liable for this e-mail if modified or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender of the wrong delivery and the e-mail deletion".