[Kictanet] Final Inputs Draft ICT Policy

alice at apc.org alice at apc.org
Tue Apr 19 10:51:47 EAT 2005

Dear all

The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is working on finalising
inputs/comments on the draft ICT policy.

We intend to make suggested additions and deletions on the draft document as
suggested by PS James Rege

("therefore kindly provide us with suggested additions or deletions to the
document so that we can enrich it with your insightful contributions as we
move towards the finalisation of the document. We look forward to receiving
your further comments Kind Regards Permanent Secretary Ministry of
Information and Communications")

We shall post the document on April 26th for your feedback. Dr. Ben Sihanya
and Warigia Bowman, have offered to complete incorporating suggested
additions and deletions on the document from various forums both online and
offline.

Anyone who has additional comments/suggestions kindly direct them to the
various list moderators by 22nd April 2005.

-Civil Society:  George Okado : george at smart-k.com  and Margaret Nyambura
Ndung'u <nyamse at yahoo.com>
-Media Rebecca Wanjiku <rebeccawanjiku at yahoo.com>
-Private Sector: Damaris Kiuna <tespok at tespok.co.ke>
-Academia: warigia bowman <warigiabowman at hotmail.com>
-Gender: FEMNET COMMUNICATION <communication at femnet.or.ke>
-Youth:  luchiru at yahoo.com or Wainaina Mungai <wainaina.mungai at oneworld.net>
-General: Ben Sihanya <innovativelawyer at wananchi.com>

We shall submit the final suggestions/comments  to the Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Information and Communication James Rege during the first week
of May.

Kind regards
A. Wanjira Munyua
National Coordinator, Catalysing Access to ICTs in Africa (CATIA)
Association for Progressive Communications (APC)
alice at apc.org
http://www.apc.org
http://www.catia.ws