[Kictanet] Moderators meeting report

alice at apc.org alice at apc.org
Mon Apr 18 15:24:33 EAT 2005

Dear Moderators and all

I would like to thank all those who attended the moderators meeting on the
15th of April. Thanks to Dr. Sihanya and Warigia for offering to complete
the work on collating all the comments in readiness for submission to the
ministry information and communication. And Special thanks to PS James Rege
for his support and encouragement.

thanks.

Find attached the minutes, prepared by Aida Kamau. And please note
responsibilities and dates below.

Key responsibilities and dates:

1)       Participants requested to give in specific sections to be included
in the policy should do so by 20th April. They include:

·         Preamble and Preface- Alice munyua and Lucy and Florence Etta

·         Letter to moderators requesting list of those contacted,
participants and contributors-Alice Munyua

·         Recommendation to government citing plan of implementation: Alice
munyua and Lucy Goal ICT

·         Write-up in relevant part of the policy on the youth: Goal ICT

·         A write up on culture- ARCC

2)      An email to be sent by end of the day to all participants and
stakeholders on the process going on detailing the dates when they will be
able to view the revised draft policy and by when they need to give feedback
on the same.

3) Moderators deadline to send in their submissions to Ben Sihanya: midnight

4) The writers ( Ben sihanya and Wairigia Bowman) and Alice Munyua will meet
on the 25th and 26th  of April for the actual writing.

5) Draft policy will be sent out to all stakeholders by the 26th midday

7) Feedback on the draft will be received until midday 27th April

8) Presentation to the Ministry by 1 may 2005.We shall need to discuss with
the PS information communication about his availability for a breakfast
meeting which could be used to formally present our comments.

A. Wanjira Munyua
National Coordinator, Catalysing Access to ICTs in Africa (CATIA)
Association for Progressive Communications (APC)
alice at apc.org
http://www.apc.org
http://www.catia.ws