[kictanet] University Education in Traditional Computer Science.

ESTHER MUCHIRI emuchiri at andestbites.com
Wed Oct 20 11:45:54 EAT 2010

Nyaki

Unfortunately the data collected by the Skills Taskforce with the help of
Prof. Waema mainly focused on the first degree not postgraduate. I however
agree with Tim that we have quite a number of postgraduates in IT and
Engineering from all our universities. It is unfortunate that such data is
not easily available for Collins and others who are interested in such
information. Perhaps the Ministry of Education, IDRC (or other donor) or
KICTB need to explore funding for such a study and the development of a
National Skills database?

Esther