[Kictanet] [Fibre-for-africa] Whats i have being talking of as a public private partnership in ownership of the critical infrastructur

Eric Osiakwan eric at afrispa.org
Tue Nov 28 13:48:57 EAT 2006

Bill, thanks for the information and links - much appreciated.

It means that either TEAMS or EASSy has a big opportunity to change
the story and status of technology stocks - another hsitoric
dimension to the whole excercise.

May be Safaricom or TK or Wananchi would do it first but the
important principle is not who makes it first but we must be sure it
is DONE WELL and sets a precedent for others to follow.

Eric here

On 28 Nov 2006, at 16:13, Bill Kagai wrote:

> On 11/28/06, Eric Osiakwan <eric at afrispa.org> wrote:
> Was African Lakes on NSE as well or only on LSE?
>

> Yeah.
> African Lakes was cross-listed at the NSE in March 2000 and was
> branded as the first Kenyan IPO but did not live to expectations.
> The company issued 4 million shares at Kshs 94.50 each and as a
> result secured a secondary listing in the NSE. See http://
> www.nse.co.ke/History.htm
>
> The company then tried raising extra equity but that did not stop
> its demise leaving the 'technology companies' seriously
> contemplating the next direction to take in the stock market. See
> Issue No. 157 on balancing act. http://www.balancingact-africa.com/
> news/back/balancing-act_157.html
>
> We now have Safaricom, Telkom (K) and Wananchi having indicated to
> test the waters soon.
>

> --
> With Kind Regards,
> Bildad Kagai
> MD - Circuits & Packets Communications Ltd
> Content & Training Partner - JKUAT E-Government Academy
> Suite B2, Tetu Apartments, State House Avenue
> P. O. Box 20311 - 00200
> Nairobi, Kenya
> Tel. 254 20 2728332
> Fax. 254 20 2726965
> Cell. 254 724 226600
> URL. www.circuitspackets.co.ke
> URL. www.JKUATEgovAcademy.ac.ke

Eric M.K Osiakwan
Executive Secretary
AfrISPA (www.afrispa.org)
Tel: + 233.21.258800
Fax: + 233.21.258811
Cell: + 233.244.386792
Handle: eosiakwan
Snail Mail: Pmb 208, Accra-North
Office: BusyInternet - 42 Ring Road Central, Accra-North
Blog: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/eric/
Slang: "Tomorrow Now"