[kictanet] Kenya's Second National Cybersecurity Strategy

James Mbugua jgmbugua at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 22:48:14 EAT 2022

Listers,

I think this misses some things.

For instance, there's nothing on post-quantum readiness.

As we well know, with quantum computing becoming a reality, the Public Key
Infrastructure will be insufficient as both RSA and ECC encryption can be
defeated in a matter of seconds (Shor's algorithm).

The US has recently approved 4 encryption algorithms that can withstand a
quantum attack and entities have been put on notice to implement.

It is something that should feature prominently in this strategy as we race
to what is being called, YQ2.

https://securityboulevard.com/2022/09/who-are-nists-post-quantum-algorithm-winners/

Regards,

JG

On Thu, 29 Sep 2022, 16:01 David Indeje via KICTANet, <