[kictanet] Joint Memorandum on The Proposed Co-Regulation Framework for Audio-Visual Content

David Indeje dindeje at kictanet.or.ke
Fri Sep 23 17:21:09 EAT 2022

[image: FdQYueOWAAAHh5C.png]
Dear Listers,

ARTICLE 19 East Africa and ourselves have presented our joint memorandum in
response to the call by the Kenya Film Classification Board on the proposed
Co-regulation Framework for Audio-visual Content Classification for
Broadcast and Over-the-top (OTT)/Video on Demand (VOD) Services and the
Film and Stage Plays (Film Classification) Guidelines, 2022.

In our submission, we have proposed that the Co-regulation Framework and
the Guidelines be abolished pending meaningful multi-stakeholder
engagement, evidence-based research from Kenya, and legislative amendments
to ensure conformity with the constitution. Read our submission:
https://bit.ly/3DGzFl6

--
*Kind Regards,*

*David Indeje*

*KICTANet Communications *_____________________________________
+254 (0) 711 385 945 |  +254 (0) 734 024 856
KICTANet portals
KICTANet.or.ke <https://kictanet.or.ke/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/kictanet> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/18428106/admin/> | Facebook