[kictanet] Unauthorised SIM swaps while roaming

Barrack Otieno barrack at kictanet.or.ke
Sun Oct 23 08:43:51 EAT 2022

Hi Mike,

This is quite unfortunate. The Communications Authority has the ultimate
responsibility of protecting consumers, they are on the mailing list with
us. It would be great to hear their position on this issue. Be that as it
may, service providers such as Safaricom have been taking action lately
<https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001458438/safaricom-fires-24-employees-for-m-pesa-fraud>.
It seems this issue became more prevalent the moment employees started
working from home under limited supervision. It appears staff do not
espouse the same value systems they have in the offices at home which could
be a discussion for another day. I hope the Communication Authority can
pronounce itself on the issue.

On Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 10:02 AM Mike Theuri via KICTANet <

--

*Barrack Otieno*
*Trustee*

*https://www.linkedin.com/in/barrack-otieno-2101262b/