[kictanet] Register now - UNESCO Global Conference "Internet for Trust": Regulating Digital Platforms for Information as a Public Good. 21-23 February 2023

Gachungi, Lydia l.gachungi at unesco.org
Sat Nov 26 14:47:01 EAT 2022

From: Internet Conference <internetconference at unesco.org>
Sent: 25 November 2022 21:12
Subject: Register now - UNESCO Conference "Internet for Trust" 21-23 February 2023

You can now register to the upcoming UNESCO Global Conference "Internet for Trust": Regulating Digital Platforms for Information as a Public Good. The conference will take place at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris from 21 to 23 February 2023.

[https://mcusercontent.com/72ebfe189bdcd1c4b7aedc782/images/305805bc-b715-6563-73f8-0b43f06a2f44.jpg]

Registration is now open

Click here to register<https://www.unesco.org/en/internet-conference?hub=71542>

Together we will shape an internet for trust.
Governments, regulators, digital content platforms, civil society, legal actors and intergovernmental organizations will come together in this global effort to protect information as a public good.
The conference will serve as a forum for debate of a model regulatory framework for digital platforms that can act against the spread of harmful content online, while also protecting freedom of expression and other human rights.

 Visit our website<http://www.unesco.org/en/internet-conference> for more information on the programme and the model regulatory framework.

 Come and join us. Seats will fill up fast!

Click here to register<https://www.unesco.org/en/internet-conference?hub=71542>

Get inspired to build an internet for trust

"Without facts, you can't have truth. Without truth, you can't have trust. Without trust, we have no shared reality, no democracy, and it becomes impossible to deal with our world's existential problems."

- Maria Ressa, Nobel Peace Prize winner, UNESCO/Guillermo Cano Press Freedom Prize Laureate

Share on social media

[https://mcusercontent.com/72ebfe189bdcd1c4b7aedc782/images/94e593d6-45eb-e2a6-2614-335e2eb704c8.jpg]

Come and join us in making the internet a space of peace and trust.

Registrations for @UNESCO's conference to regulate digital platforms is now open

21-23 February 2023

on.unesco.org/3OzyWFI

What UNESCO does to protect freedom of expression online

Check our publications and find out more about UNESCO's work to combat disinformation, hate speech and other harmful content spread online. Visit the website<https://www.unesco.org/en/communication-information/freedom-expression-online>.

Related publications

[https://mcusercontent.com/72ebfe189bdcd1c4b7aedc782/images/8b616211-bf31-ba43-b8af-425b11d23846.jpg]

Journalism is a public good: world trends in freedom of expression and media development: global report 2021/2022

Available in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese and Portuguese.

Visit<https://www.unesco.org/en/world-media-trends>

[https://mcusercontent.com/72ebfe189bdcd1c4b7aedc782/images/80ca1db7-3ea0-afb2-f2ec-f0d9078784c3.png]

Letting the sun shine in: transparency and accountability in the digital age

Available in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese and Portuguese.

Read<https://www.unesco.org/en/world-media-trends>

[https://mcusercontent.com/72ebfe189bdcd1c4b7aedc782/images/7b0e4742-edb0-03cc-9b81-008e6ed3245f.png]

Balancing act: countering digital disinformation while respecting freedom of expression: Broadband Commission research report on 'Freedom of Expression and Addressing Disinformation on the Internet'

Available in English

Read<https://unesdoc.unesco.org/ark:/48223/pf0000379015_eng>

[https://mcusercontent.com/72ebfe189bdcd1c4b7aedc782/images/ea478871-db6e-84fd-51e4-670677ca2d1c.png]

Elections in digital times: a guide for electoral practitioners

Available in English

Read<https://unesdoc.unesco.org/ark:/48223/pf0000382102>

[https://mcusercontent.com/72ebfe189bdcd1c4b7aedc782/images/0b8a311c-0629-c576-aeaa-4377000433ca.png]

Social media and elections

Available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian.

Read<https://unesdoc.unesco.org/ark:/48223/pf0000370634_eng>

For more information and to receive (or unsubscribe to) updates about the conference, contact:
internetconference at unesco.org<mailto:internetconference at unesco.org>