[kictanet] Sim card swap: How Farah Bashir lost Sh2.6m to fraudsters in hours

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon May 30 11:29:37 EAT 2022

Goodmorning Daktari,

I am in agreement. Most of these attacks are purely Social Engineering
moves and indeed they are on the rise and very persistent. We need to step
up Consumer awareness and digital literacy, the fraudsters are evolving
daily and becoming too sophisticated. Consumers should be encouraged to
tighten their security. Two Factor Authentication is a good start. There is
need for an evaluation on whether it is adequate, but Consumer Awareness
which is believe is in CA's purview and Digital Literacy are key.

Regards

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 11:20 AM Bitange Ndemo via KICTANet <

--
Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277