[kictanet] 5G Discourse Re-surfaces in Kenya. Are We Ready?

sky muhaliaa at gmail.com
Tue May 17 18:51:43 EAT 2022

This quite interesting , five or so years ago the talk was about a
wholesale 5G network, the assumption then was based on requirements of
today’s mobile subscriber and an assumption that the MNos would be more
receptive to a shared platform.Clearly with 5G spectrum auctions and
closely tied to MNO strategies, this is an evolving shift .Evidence does
show the need for 5G will be more of industrial scale connectivity for
automation, IoT etc and perhaps when we get our “ smart cities “ within our
homes ie fully connected homes then subscriber use case will be more refined

There is some work to have broadband access to the larger population at the
3G/4G scale as the use case for 5G becomes more refined

On Tue, 17 May 2022 at 09:11, Benson Muite via KICTANet <