[kictanet] 5G Discourse Re-surfaces in Kenya. Are We Ready?

David Indeje davidindeje at gmail.com
Mon May 16 15:52:24 EAT 2022

[image: image.png]
Dear Listers,

Safaricom has come out and said it will take some time before rolling out
the  5G service to its customers. The reason was infrastructure and the
cost of devices.  The entire story can be found here
<https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/corporate/technology/costly-phones-slow-safaricom-5g-rollout-3816624>
.

It reminded me of our policy brief done by Mr John Walubengo and Mr Barrack
Otieno who are members here "Policy Brief No.7, November 2020 --- 5G Policy
Brief. Which way for Kenya?

The objective of the study was to establish Kenya’s preparedness to deploy
fifth-generation wireless networks (5G).

A key finding was: *"The study has established that the country is still
not ready to effectively deploy and benefit from 5G technologies –
particularly from a strategic, policy, and regulatory perspective."*

*Read below the brief: *https://bit.ly/2XVMdit

*Kind Regards,*

+254 (0) 711 385 945 |  +254 (0) 734 024 856
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-indeje/>