[kictanet] Digital Identification: Huduma Bill

David Indeje davidindeje at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:15:39 EAT 2022

[image: image.png]
Dear Listers,
In February 2022,  Kenya's Parliament held public hearings on the  2021
amendment of the Huduma Bill. Where are we in this discourse?

KICTANet was not left behind in representing views from all the sectors. We
submitted a memorandum on The Huduma Bill 2021 as part of a coalition of
Kenyan civil society organisations with expertise in issues of
identification, civil registration, nationality rights, data protection and
privacy, minority rights, children’s rights, human rights, and other
related issues. Here is the link https://bit.ly/3pXtEJ9

Subsequently, our Policy Brief No.5, August 2020 by Prof. Sylvia
Kang’ara "Digital
Identification Law in Kenya: The State of Play". The brief makes a number
of recommendations, chief among them being the need to take into account
and ensure compliance with the directives of the High Court.
https://bit.ly/3KJvUMa

*Kind Regards,*

+254 (0) 711 385 945 |  +254 (0) 734 024 856
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-indeje/>