[kictanet] Pro-Active or Aggressive from The FTC on Log4j Vulnerabilities

Adrian Teri adriateri at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 04:32:00 EAT 2022

Good day all,

An example for our own Office of The Data Protection Commissioner (ODPC) of
proactiveness or a heavy handed/aggressive approach?

The FTC in their blog post threatened legal action and likened this turning
into a situation like the #Equifax breach which resulted with the credit
reference bureau paying out $700 million in fines.

When vulnerabilities are discovered and exploited, it risks a loss or

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blogs/techftc/2022/01/ftc-warns-companies-remediate-log4j-security-vulnerability