[kictanet] Program Advisor Opportunity for the Global Conference on Cyber Capacity Building
email at nanjira.com
Wed Feb 23 16:55:31 EAT 2022
See below for a consultancy gig alert.
The Global Forum on Cyber Expertise (GFCE) is looking an advisor for the program team of the global Conference for Cyber Capacity Building taking place in November 2022. This position is for a period of 10 months. The expected starting date is March 1st 2022.
To adequately support and secure digital transformation all countries should engage and invest in building cyber capacity. Cyber capacity building (CCB) is a key enabler of sustainable and resilient digital development. Much has been done to promote best practices in CCB but insufficient awareness among key decision-makers and a lack of resources sometimes hinders implementation. There is an urgent need for high-level collaboration. To drive this forward, the Global Forum on Cyber Expertise (GFCE), CyberPeace Institute, World Bank and World Economic Forum have joined forces to organize the Global Conference on Cyber Capacity Building 2022 to advance, operationalize and collaborate on CCB. The Conference will be hosted by World Bank in late November 2022.
This conference will bring together high-level decision-makers, senior working-level representatives from government agencies and experts from across the public sector, private sector and civil society to accelerate:
· current multi-stakeholder cooperation;
· establish a Global Coalition on Cyber Resilience for Development and an international CCB agenda;
· raise decision-makers’ awareness of how cybersecurity and CCB support digital, social and economic development.
The Global Conference on Cyber Capacity Building aims to raise the profile and allocation of resources for cyber capacity building as a core enabler of digital development and prosperity. A key enabler to achieving this ambition is effective coordination and leadership regarding the conference’s organization.
As part of the governance structure of the Global Conference, three teams will be formed: the Program team (responsible for conference program), the Communication team and the Event (logistics) team.
The program advisor will be part of the program team of this conference, and works with the Communications team and the Event team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help design the program and synthetize inputs from the GFCE community and the event organizers.
- Describe the objectives, key questions for the program elements (panels; workshops, etc).
- Support with the preparations of key conference outcomes like the chair statement and global agenda.
- Support the selection of Conference speakers, moderators and participants.
Candidate profile: requirements, qualifications and skills
The successful candidate will have:
- Graduate or master’s degree in one of the following: (cyber) security studies, international relations, economics or other relevant field;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of cyber and/or digital capacity building, either at national or international level;
- Experience working with international donors across industry, government and the wider international digital and/or cyber sector.
- Professional, confident, self-motivated, punctual, flexible, proactive and able to work both independently and as part of a multi-national team.
- The ability to think strategically and innovatively;
- Experience in writing, implementing and/or directly advising on the creation of a program for an international conference;
- Project advisory role in an International Organization focused on or around telecommunications, digital and/or cyber security.
Place of employment
A flexible remote working policy.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter outlining your motivation in applying for the role, addressed to David van Duren, GFCE Secretariat Director, plus your CV to contact at thegfce.org <mailto:contact at thegfce.org>.
*The GFCE is an equal opportunities employer and accepts applications without distinction on the grounds of age, race, political, philosophical or religious conviction, sex or sexual orientation and regardless of disabilities, marital status or family situation
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the KICTANet