[kictanet] Hustler Fund and the data protection implications

Alex Watila awatila at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 17:16:38 EAT 2022

Dear Walu,
It's one of those theories of why governments are needed.

according to him, life was *“solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short”. It
is a war “of every man against every man”.*
because of that humans agreed to form governments and ceded some of
their rights e.g. agreeing to be taxed

Anyway, in data protection speak, doesn't the government have a legitimate
need to collect the hustler fund data? in addition, the citizen does opt in
and provide consent for their data to be collected.

I doubt the mpesa pin leaves the Safaricom network as it is being used to
verify your identity (Your telephone lines are registered and linked to
your identification documents)

Regards,

Alex