[kictanet] Unsolicited political messages

Benson Muite benson_muite at emailplus.org
Sun Aug 7 09:41:14 EAT 2022

Possibly Kictanet could help with this in future.  A guidebook such as:
https://www.kictanet.or.ke/?mdocs-file=43772
would be useful for political aspirants to effectively use the internet,
and for voters to get useful information in a cost efective manner.
Effective use of the internet to convey information such as manifestos
would greatly improve campaign quality.  An SMS can typically only
provide a small amount of information.

Some innovative use of Apps:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/datasafety?id=org.rootspartyofkenya.rootsapp
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rootsparty.wajackoya

Though not open source and easy to audit, and thus like some lending and
social media applications, may make use of your contact list, it is an
example of positive use of technology.