[kictanet] KIGF Call For Topics

Watoto Watch Network lillian at watotowatchnetwork.org
Tue Apr 19 12:35:48 EAT 2022

Dear MAG Chair,

Proposing topic of discussion for this year's IGF.

-ICT Industry, Prioritising children in the online space (Child Online
Safety/ Data Protection).

Thanks.

Regards,

Lillian Kariuki

(Executive Director of Watoto Watch Network)

2nd Floor, Ngong Hills Business Center, Ngong Rd, Nairobi

*Tel:* +254 701 077 955

*Email*: Lillian at watotowatchnetwork.org

*Website* : www.watotowatchnetwork.org

 watotowatchnet    watotowatchnetwork

Virus-free.
<#m_4616576624270378387_m_3866109970044623479_m_-8763224199731385434_m_3877568489068511631_m_-4312777561040935807_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

>> On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 11:46 AM Rosemary Koech-Kimwatu via KICTANet <
>>
>>> Happy Easter Listers,
>>>
>>> The Kenya Internet Governance Forum (KIGF) is an annual meeting that
>>> brings together various stakeholder groups to dialogue on ICT and Internet
>>> policy. While the discussions give soft policy outcomes, KIGF is a
>>> knowledge-sharing platform that informs and inspires policy actors in both
>>> the public and private sectors.
>>>
>>> The national forum also feeds into the regional and global IGFs through
>>> a chain of reporting and representation to the regional and global IGFs to
>>> ensure bottom-up Internet policy development processes and a strong link
>>> between global and local internet policies.
>>>
>>> This year’s global IGF will be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The global
>>> IGF theme is ‘*Resilient Internet for a shared sustainable and common
>>> future’.* The Kenya IGF theme is aligned to the global IGF theme and
>>> will respond to the local context including the upcoming 2022 general
>>> election. The Forum programme may be developed in line with the following
>>> global IGF sub-themes, but through multistakeholder dialogue, listers can
>>> choose topics that they feel are closer to home.
>>>
>>> 1.Connecting all People and Safeguarding Human Rights.
>>> 2. Avoiding Internet Fragmentation.
>>> 3. Governing Data Protection and Privacy.
>>> 4. Enabling Safety Security and. Accountability .
>>> 5. Addressing Advanced Technologies including AI.
>>>
>>> On behalf of the local Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG), we'd be
>>> interested to hear your views on the issues and topics that are a priority
>>> for Kenya, and you think ought to be discussed during this year's Kenya
>>> IGF.
>>>
>>> The Kenya IGF shall be held on 30th June 2022.
>>>
>>> Rosemary Chemutai Koech-Kimwatu
>>> MAG Chairperson 2022

>>> KICTANet is a multi-stakeholder Think Tank for people and institutions
>>> interested and involved in ICT policy and regulation. KICTANet is a
>>> catalyst for reform in the Information and Communication Technology sector.
>>> Its work is guided by four pillars of Policy Advocacy, Capacity Building,
>>> Research, and Stakeholder Engagement.

>>> KICTANet - The Power of Communities, is Kenya's premier ICT policy
>>> engagement platform.

>> KICTANet is a multi-stakeholder Think Tank for people and institutions
>> interested and involved in ICT policy and regulation. KICTANet is a
>> catalyst for reform in the Information and Communication Technology sector.
>> Its work is guided by four pillars of Policy Advocacy, Capacity Building,
>> Research, and Stakeholder Engagement.

>> KICTANet - The Power of Communities, is Kenya's premier ICT policy
>> engagement platform.
>>
> --
> Keith Andere
> Tech | Peace & Security | Sustainable Development | AfricaWeWant
> W: wa.me/254722565212
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail or it's
> contents.
>

> KICTANet is a multi-stakeholder Think Tank for people and institutions
> interested and involved in ICT policy and regulation. KICTANet is a
> catalyst for reform in the Information and Communication Technology sector.
> Its work is guided by four pillars of Policy Advocacy, Capacity Building,
> Research, and Stakeholder Engagement.

> KICTANet - The Power of Communities, is Kenya's premier ICT policy
> engagement platform.

Virus-free.
<#m_4616576624270378387_m_3866109970044623479_m_-8763224199731385434_m_3877568489068511631_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>