[kictanet] WHO Will CALL THE SHOT? Data Minimisation Culture

David Indeje davidindeje at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 08:51:14 EAT 2022

[image: image.png]

Dear Listers,

The last week has been a roller coaster for most Kenyans. This is based on
the many numerous consumer queries on the SIM Registration directive from
the Communications Authority.

Many times, we have been discussing why we need a *DATA MINIMISATION
CULTURE* in Kenya. Is it time we brought on board all players to advance
this subject?

We should normalise using  **106#*  to know whether your Identity Card is
registered on their lines. If it is not, you need to register afresh.

Above all, as a reminder, you have 4 days remaining to validate your SIM
Card if it is not registered.

PS: Emerging regulation of content, data and consumer rights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_UVQczmbfU&t=324s&ab_channel=KICTAnet

*Kind Regards,*

+254 (0) 711 385 945 |  +254 (0) 734 024 856
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-indeje/>