[kictanet] SIM CARD REGISTRATION & DATA PROTECTION ACT, 2019

awatila at gmail.com awatila at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 20:22:38 EAT 2022

Smh! Too much confusion

From: KICTANet <kictanet-bounces+awatila=gmail.com at lists.kictanet.or.ke> On Behalf Of Mutindi Muema via KICTANet
Sent: Friday, April 8, 2022 7:21 PM
To: Alex Watila <awatila at gmail.com>
Cc: Mutindi Muema <missmutindi at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [kictanet] SIM CARD REGISTRATION & DATA PROTECTION ACT, 2019

Gobsmaked in deed 💯

The CA has finally stated today that kica SIM registration regs does not require photo of subscriber to be taken

Full interview on Youtube here https://youtu.be/-SpW2rFhYxQ

On Thu, 7 Apr 2022, 17:28 Ciiru K via KICTANet, <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke <mailto:kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> > wrote:

Dear listers,

I am equally concerned by the overreach in this matter.

For people who are outside Kenya, the list of requirements is obnoxious. Below are the requirements.

 - Mobile number
- Passport page containing your bio details.
- Passport page containing your visa.
- Passport page containing the exit stamp from Kenya (full page including the dotted passport number)
- Passport page containing the entry stamp in your current country of residence(full page including the dotted passport number)
- Scanned copy of ID(both sides)

Why do they need all this information? Who will have access to it?

Yours truly gobsmacked.

Liz