[kictanet] Why are lots of .go.ke websites not https://?

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Fri Nov 19 12:24:26 EAT 2021

For what it's worth, as anyone can get "Let's Encrypt" certificates at
no charge (they are free), I built a system around this. Now, my Virtual
Web hosting customers can simply choose what form of SSL Certificate
they want, from None, Their Own or Automatic&Free. If they choose
Automatic&Free, then a certificate is created via the Let's Encrypt
system and then automatically updated every two months.

Yes - it cost me some development time - but now its completely automated.

I did the same for DNSSEC signing of zones too - if fact, if your DNS is
with me - its on by default (if the Parent supports it.) If the DNS is
not with me - I poll the provided Nameservers and see if there are any
CDS records and if they exist, import them to my system and then pass on
the DS records (as appropriate) to the Parents.

Totally automated.
Both services help to make the Internet a safer place. This is the sort
of thing we should be doing as a community.

--

Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.826010496 <tel:+27826010496>

Posix SystemsVCARD for MJ Elkins