[kictanet] Why Kenya is NOT ready to deploy 5G technologies

Adam Lane adam.lane at huawei.com
Mon Jan 25 18:32:37 EAT 2021

Odhiambo
The launch of 5G services is dependent on spectrum... Once an operator gets enough of it, and agrees a fair price, operators in Kenya will launch.

The problem is the lack of a strategy that would define "enough" and "fair price"...

Then there are all the other aspects mentioned in the kictanet report, such as industry and academic collaboration, various use case pilots etc. which would then maximize the impact of 5G if done well and help speed up that impact.

Adam