[kictanet] Invitation to Data Protection webinar: Lessons Learnt from 2020 and The Trends to Look Out for in 2021

Adam Lane adam.lane at huawei.com
Wed Jan 13 17:04:07 EAT 2021

Dear All,

We are hosting an online webinar about data protection<https://telecoms.com/current-webinars/data-protection-lessons-learnt-from-2020-and-the-trends-to-look-out-for-in-2021/> in collaboration with Telecoms.com. Though it is a global event, it should be highly interesting for Kenyans.

[cid:image007.png at 01D6853D.AE9073D0]

Data Protection: Lessons Learnt from 2020 and The Trends to Look Out for in 2021

Webinar Co-hosted by Telecoms.com and Huawei

Date: January 19, 2021 (Tuesday)

Time: 10am-11am GMT (13.00-14.00 Kenya time)

TikTok made most of the tech headlines for many days last year, the reasons being its lenient data privacy norms and alleged intrusion of the Chinese government in the system. Against the backdrop of China's new security standards and EU's GDPR, there are data privacy predictions to look out for in 2021: importance of transparency, security automation, and adoption of proactive security measures.

To start the new year fresh, you are cordially invited to join Huawei and our guest speakers at upcoming webinar to learn about the following topics from a practical, business and legal perspectives, followed by a Q&A session:

*       Challenges - and opportunities - with data on 5G, storage and general governance of information

*       Zero Trust and the importance of Identity and Access

*       Ensure data security and follow customer instructions; avoid being a controller

*       How to establish and constantly optimize an enterprise grade end-to-end cyber security assurance system

Speakers:
[Joerg Thomas]

[Ramses Gallego]

[Felix Wittern]

[Wei Shi]

Joerg Thomas
Director of DPO (Data Protection Office)
Huawei

Ramses Gallego
International Chief Technology Officer
Micro Focus

Felix Wittern
Partner
Fieldfisher

Wei Shi
Moderator
Intelligence Manager
Telecoms.com

If you would like to join us, please reply to this email and register online<https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=reg20.jsp&partnerref=Telecoms.com&eventid=2956416&sessionid=1&key=ED767316E5FEEE15C9D093B83CC82087&regTag=&V2=false&sourcepage=register> by January 18 (Monday) and we will share an online event guide with you by then to make sure everything will be all set for you.

We look forward to your participation and attendance.

If you have any question, please feel free to contact me.

Adam

Huawei Kenya
Mobile: +254-7909-85886
Email: adam.lane at huawei.com<mailto:adam.lane at huawei.com>
Address: 5th Floor, Tiara Office Park, Mugumo Road, Lavington, Nairobi, Kenya
www.huawei.com<http://www.huawei.com/>
[huawei logo]