[kictanet] WhatsApp to Move Ahead with its Privacy Updates

Mwara Gichanga mwaragichanga at kictanet.or.ke
Wed Feb 24 11:59:52 EAT 2021

Wathangi I am with you on this one my biggest concern is that whatapp’s
parent company is FB which hasn’t had the best track record when it comes
to security assurance and privacy practices and so a lack of trust  has
built up overtime with us as their users.

So what are our options?

1. Proceed with the app and hope by some miracle our DP Act protects us in
enforcement and implementation
2. Switch to other messaging apps that are not run by big tech companies
who are under scrutiny for data collection

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 at 8:02 AM, Wathagi Ndungu via kictanet <