[kictanet] ICT Practitioners Bill, call for comments/submissions to the National Assembly

Adam Lane adam.lane at huawei.com
Fri Feb 19 14:27:34 EAT 2021

Indeed. I fully agree this definition captures the entire population that uses a smartphone! Let alone that majority of jobs whether a 1 person business on the street or boda driver or a farmer in agriculture, or anyone working in any industry whatsoever is increasingly using digital no matter if they think they are an ICT practitioner or not. Do we need a certificate to write with pen and paper or use a calculator? Why do we need one to type or use excel or sell online?

Let's be clear there is already a very effective market based mechanism in certifications that are OPTIONAL and offered by acadamia as well as private actors anywhere around the world, including delivered online globally.

Let's also be clear that the market recognises and rewards experience based on references etc without needing any certification or likewise.