[kictanet] Opinion Piece - Speaking from the grave: Death, data protection under Kenyan Law

Sigi Waigumo Mwanzia easternafricfellow at article19.org
Wed Apr 14 20:28:32 EAT 2021

Dear Colleagues ,

Good evening.

Ephraim and I recently co-authored an opinion piece titled, ' [ https://www.the-star.co.ke/opinion/star-blogs/2021-04-13-speaking-from-the-grave-death-data-protection-under-kenyan-law/ | Speaking from the grave: Death, data protection under Kenyan Law ] ' which teases out the issues of:
a. The right to survivor privacy;
b. Whether deceased persons have rights; and
c. Digital death - whether digital assets are inheritable.

We look forward to receiving your comments on the piece, including areas of improvement. We also hope that this op-ed generates deeper insights on the issues teased here, in Kenya and beyond.

Regards,

Sigi Waigumo Mwanzia ,
Programme Officer - Digital .

Read more about ARTICLE 19's #MissingVoices campaign here: [ https://www.article19.org/campaigns/missingvoices/ | https://www.article19.org/campaigns/missingvoices/  ]

ARTICLE 19 EASTERN AFRICA
DEFENDING FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION AND INFORMATION
W [ https://www.article19.org/regional-office/eastern-africa/ | https://www.article19.org/regional-office/eastern-africa/ ]
Tw @article19eafric
Fa [ http://facebook.com/article19org | facebook.com/article19org ]