[kictanet] Day 4 Talk2Facebook ~ Connectivity & Wrap Up

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 22:58:50 EAT 2020

Hi teacher Karis,

What I have seen locally is the partnership between FaceBook and Surf, they
have Hotspots in Ongata Rongai in Kajiado county and Kisumu City, Kondele,
Manyatta areas and the main bus Stop. I would like to know from @Mercy
Ndegwa <shikondegwa at fb.com> the impact of this partnership in the local
community and the kind of uptake of the products and services if any being
consumed by the Communities served through the partnership.
I would also like to know if there is any local deployment of the High
Altitude connectivity infrastructure project since i have learnt about the
project during this discussion.

Best regards

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 8:01 AM Kelvin Kariuki via kictanet <

> Happy Saturday!
>
> It’s a Wrap! We are so grateful to everyone that has contributed to these
> conversations so far. Today we end with the “Connectivity” topic and any
> other concern you might like to raise that might not have perfectly fitted
> in any of the topics we’ve discussed.
>

> FB is involved in infrastructure projects that go beyond digital content
> and potentially competes with traditional Telco providers licensed to
> provide telco infrastructure. Share your comments, experiences, and
> challenges with regard to Facebook Services along the following themes:
>
> a) Have you ever experienced or used the FB High Altitude Connectivity
> Infrastructure?
>
> b) Have you ever experienced or used the FB FreeBasic Product which allows
> users to connect to FB without incurring data costs?
>
> c) Do you think these two initiatives bring regulatory concerns that touch
> on completion, customer lock-in and others?
>

> Looking forward to your input! Have a relaxing weekend!
>

> Regards,
>
> Tr. Karis
>
> Walu

Barrack O. Otieno