[kictanet] Any law governing CCTV management in Kenya?

David Indeje davidindeje at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 10:22:23 EAT 2020

Walu,

I get you. I have also learned that if the State uses the Official Secrets
Act 11 of 1968 especially section 3, the accused will be in hot soup more
than what the Data protection of Computer Misuse Act stipulates.

For instance:

Section 3 part 12:

  *Presumption concerning communication with agent of foreign power*

(1) On a prosecution for an offence under section 3 of this Act, the fact
that the accused person has been in communication with, or has attempted to
communicate with, an agent of a foreign power, whether within or outside
Kenya, shall be evidence that he has, for a purpose prejudicial to the
safety or interests of the Republic, obtained or attempted to obtain
information which is calculated to be or might be or is intended to be
directly or indirectly useful to a foreign power.

(2) For the purposes of subsection (1) of this section, but without
prejudice to the generality of that subsection, a person shall, unless he
proves the contrary, be deemed to have been in communication with an agent
of a foreign power if— (a) he has, either within or outside Kenya, visited
the address of an agent of a foreign power or consorted or associated with
such an agent; or (b) either within or outside Kenya, the name or address
of, or any other information regarding, such an agent has been found in his
possession, or has been supplied by him to any other person, or has been
obtained by him from any other person.

(3) Any address, whether within or outside Kenya, reasonably suspected of
being an address used for the receipt of communications intended for an
agent of a foreign power, or any address at which such an agent resides, or
to which he resorts for the purpose of giving or receiving communications,
or at which he carries on any business, shall be deemed to be the address
of an agent of a foreign power, and communications addressed to that
address to be communications with the agent.

*Kind Regards,*

*David Indeje *
 +254 (0) 711 385 945 |  +254 (0) 734 024 856

Website: Khusoko <https://khusoko.com/>

<https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-indeje/>
<https://twitter.com/David_Indeje>

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 at 20:46, Walubengo J via kictanet <